Sunday, November 14, 2010

Interlude: What I'm Reading

I thought I would write a quick post about the three comics I'm currently reading, because I'm in the middle of the best run of comic reading of my life.  The strange thing is that I'm reading comics that I've largely never been interested in, partially because of this blog.

The first is Life With Archie.  Now, I have the same love for Archie as inexplicably every Canadian.  However, never in my life has an Archie comic been presented to me so full of complete, unfiltered insanity.  Everyone is dying.  Everyone is depressed.  Everyone is marrying each other.  Dilton is time travelling through dimensions to try and right wrongs.  Moose is running for mayor while dating Alicia Masters in both timelines.  Mr. Lodge is crushing everyone with an iron fist.  This comic is everything I have ever wanted in my entire life.  Thank you, universe, for giving the gift of Archie unrestrained by making jokes or sense.

The second is Superman.  I know the "Grounded" storyline is controversial, and I fully acknowledge that large portions of it make no sense, but the story is fun in the way that it takes itself so seriously despite having no real logic behind it.  Also, Superman is being an ass to all of his friends, which I always enjoy.

Finally, I'm reading Acton Comics featuring Lex Luthor with Jimmy Olsen back-up features.  This comic is a fun ride every month, and I honestly have no interest in the title reverting back to Superman.  Lex Luthor is a fun guy to follow around, especially while on an insane quest to find a black lantern ring with his robotic Lois Lane sidekick.  His completely justified ego is a great base for any story.

Anyway, I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the comics I'm currently reading.  However, in the future I would like all three of them to not come out in the same week.

--Evan

1 comment: